FAMOC manage 5.28.0:
- Android Management API basic support for BYOD / WPC devices
It is now possible to enroll Android device using Android Management API.
Currently it is supported while using the single enrollment method of BYOD/WPC devices.
- Settings for device lock code
- Settings for work profile lock code
- Wipe device
- Lock device
- App installation
- Changed default behaviour of the enabled apps in work profile on BYOD / WPC devices
Now, by default only specified in the policy enabled apps will be present in work profile after the enrolment.
If manufacturer adds new apps to the predefined list, they will not appear automatically after the device upgrade.
- Remote Access handling in COSU policy
When remote access services are enabled in COSU policy, Remote Access is automatically installed on the device.
All permissions that need to be allowed by the user can be now handled during the enrollment phase.
There is a new setting in the policy: 'License handling on Samsung devices' that allows to manage Samsung license handling:
- When first Remote Access session is started - page with the Samsung license will appear during first session
- During device enrollment (without forcing) - page with the Samsung license will appear during the enrollment, but user can skip it
- During device enrollment with force option - page with the Samsung license will appear during the enrollment and will be forced - the enrollment
will be fixed on the license screen until the user accepts it.
On other Android devices (not Samsung) the popup with accepting the screen recording will appear on start of every remote session.
- OTA update policy improvements
On some devices (e.g., Samsung A51, S7 Edge) it was possible to start update manually even the OTA update policy was set to automatic or windowed.
- Device groups tree structure
Possibility to define tree structure of the device groups (up to 5 levels).
When assigning device to some subgroup - it is automatically assigned to the parent groups.
Management of the device groups is now only possible using Management UI
(Advanced UI device groups management tab redirects to the Management UI settings)
- Filters on the device list
It is now possible to filter device list.
- Enrolment method (KME, zero-touch, DEP, ...)
- Device mode (fully managed, byod, wpc, cosu, shared)
- Device models
- Device groups - tree structure of the device groups
- User groups
- Device status - filter based on status columns like: Managed, not managed, active lost mode, reported as stolen,
active app monitor service, logging enabled, maintenance mode enabled, recovery mode enabled, active work profile, active device owner mode
- Saved searches - custom searches
- Disable Samsung Galaxy Store in fully managed policy
Option is added to the app restriction tab in fully managed policies.
- Google Duo and Gmail apps on Enabled applications and widgets list
Possibility to enable Gmail and Google Duo apps in work profile in BYOD/WPC policies.
- Android 13 platform basic support
- new macOS agent
Currently the agent is not installed automatically via the policy (manual installation from the agents' tab is required).
To finish configuration operation, agent need to be launched on the device. To receive pushes, user need to allow push notifications for the agent.
It is possible in two ways:
- by clicking the button Request push notification permission
- or (when the button is not available) via the Settings > Notifications
When the push notification appears (e.g., with Get device monitor data action) device receives a system notification coupled with the app icon.
After removing the MDM profile, the agent still stays on the device as the uninstallation of the .pkg files is not supported on macOS devices using MDM profile.
Agent should start at user login automatically.
Min macOS version is 10.15.
- Push notifications (used e.g., for Get device monitor data operation)
- Corporate store
- Allow to take over management of the apps on iOS devices – supervised?
- macOS 12.5, 13.0 platforms support
- iOS, iPadOS, tvOS 15.6, 16.0 platforms support
- Possibility to assign shared user to several organizations at once
Share user action enables admin to select many organizations in one step.
Roles that can be assigned to that user in selected organizations must be available in all selected organizations.
- UI improvements:
- Background of the devices, apps, config tabs are now filled with branding colour
- 'Number of devices' column on device list marked as column that may significantly slow down the list loading
- Location tab - legend data is now updated based on the device selection
- IMEI and serial number fields added to the filters on the Location tab
- Employee ID# column on Users tab
- Possibility to define custom description during device enrollment process
- Samsung device models renaming to follow the convention:
Samsung __CODE_NAME__ __SERIES__ __MODELNAME__
- Asset transfer / disposal reports improvements
- Yes/No values instead of 0/1
- Platform, usernames instead of the ID
- Date fields are now displayed without minutes
- New reports:
- Last contact of Android devices
- Last contact of Apple devices
- New web service - setPermissionPolicy - with possibility to set app permissions (global policy and app exceptions)
This web service is valid for both: Device Owner permission policy and work profile permission policy.
- Advanced UI improvements
- Possibility to search, sort by, export last device contact column on Alerts tab
For more details, please refer to the FAMOC manage documentation.
FAMOC manage 5.28.0: